Wednesday 25 July 2012

Woman in Black

I have to say I must be a massive fan of this story, since I think I've now seen it 4 times (including the latest movie).  We were sitting up in the rafters again, it wasn't a great theatre this one, the Fortune Theatre, I think the trick with this one is definitely to sit in the stalls, not the circles.  It's such a tiny theatre and the seats just go straight up, that if you are sitting in the circles you can't see the front third of the stage.  Luckily actors know not to use the front part of the stage too much.  But definitely a tip to remember.

I'm not sure if this was my favourite production, it's a funny play this one, perhaps your first viewing of it is always your favourite.  The first time I saw it, it was just some local production in Canberra, so not anything big, and yet that one is still my favourite.  It felt like in this one everything was explained as if you were an idiot, where I think in the best productions, everything is just hinted at.  But then that could just be because I've seen it 4 times now, so there are no surprises in the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment