Thursday 13 October 2011

British Museum : Update

Some people have asked me about the British Museum : A History of the World in 100 Objects, so I thought I would provide a link: British Museum 100 Objects.  You can see the 100 objects here as well as download the podcasts.

I think the BBC and the head of the British Museum did a really good job with this subject.  As the head of the British Museum it certainly seems that he can call in a few favours, so you get some big names on the shows.  In the five I've listened too they've had David Attenborough and James Dyson (yes the vacuum cleaner guy). 

The episode with James Dyson was pretty funny, they got him on to talk about the design of a hand axe and he said something like, "I don't think it is a practical object" followed immediately by the British Museum guy coming back on and saying "of course it is a practical object"

And yes the photo above has nothing to do with this post.  It seems quite rare to actually see a bee these days, there seem to be an awful lot of wasps around, and not too many bees.  I'm just hoping for a run-in with neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment